Welcome to Lakewood High School Athletic Registration!
Online registration for the 2018-19 Spring Sports season will open very soon, and hopefully by Jan. 18, 2019. We are experiencing some issues and apologize for the delay.
In the interim, read the instructions below and make sure you have a valid sports physical for registration.
The first day for practices/tryouts for Spring Sports is Monday, February 25th.
Spring sports offered at Lakewood includes:
Baseball (Try-out/Cut Sport)
Boys Lacrosse (Non-Cut Sport)
Boys Swim & Dive (Non-Cut Sport)
Boys / Girls Track & Field (Non-Cut Sport)
Girls Golf (Non-Cut Sport)
Girls Soccer (Try-out/Cut Sport)
Girls Tennis (Non-cut Sport)
Many of these sports offer pre-season conditioning in January and February, and will have camps the week of February 18th.
We are still in the process of updating spring sports information on this web site, so come back for more details later next week.
Girls Lacrosse is offered at several Jeffco high schools (Bear Creek, Chatfield, Columbine, Conifer, Dakota Ridge, Evergreen, Golden, Green Mountain and Ralston Valley). Lakewood girls are welcome to join these teams, but must contact those schools and register on their web sites.
Please allow 48-72 hours for your registration to be processed (Monday-Friday). You will receive an email stating the athlete is approved to practice or try-out.
You must register online by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, February 20th to ensure your registration is processed by the first day of sports, Monday, February 25th.
If You Played a Fall 2018 or Winter 2018-19 Sport at Lakewood . . .
- Register: Welcome back! You will need to register again by selecting the "View My Account" button on the top right side of this page.
- Sports Physical: Make sure your physical is still valid (12 months from the date.). You will need to re-load your physical. If you don't have the date email Mrs. DeVito, and she will find it. f you need a new physical, see the information below, or above under "Forms" regarding a new physical.
- Arbiter Athlete: You will NOT need to sign-up for an Arbiter Athlete account again.(Yay!)
- Dual Sports: If you intend to play two sports at the same time (i.e. Boys Swimming & Boys Track), you will need to register twice, and complete a Dual Sport form, found in the forms section above.
Pay Your Fees by the Deadline: All athletes will need to pay the the $175 Jeffco Aathletic Fee each time they play a sport, as well as any team fees. Please pay by the deadline below, or make arrangements with Mrs. Boonstra. A few days after receiving the email approving the athlete to practice/tryout, go to the fee section in JeffcoConnect to pay online, or bring a check, cash or credit card to Mrs. Boonstra. Students on the Free and Reduced Lunch program do not need to pay the $175 fee, however, they must still pay any team fees.
* Friday, March 1, 2019 for Non-Cut Sports (Boys Lacrosse; Boys Swim & Dive; Boys & Girls Track & Field; Girls Golf, Girls Tennis)
* Wednesday, March 6, 2019 for Try-out/Cut Sports (Baseball, Girls Soccer)
Pre-Season Conditioning/Camps: Check the individual sports section under the Athletics tab on this web site for more information on pre-season activities.
Academic Eligibility: We will be looking at grades as part of the registration process. If you have two or more current "F" grades, that could affect your chances of making a team. Also, if you received an "F" grade in any high school class, make sure your student speaks with their counselor to arrange re-taking the class so that it doesn't interfere with sports eligibility or graduating.
If This is the First Time You Are Registering for a Sport in the 2018-19 School Year . . .
STEP 1: Get a Sports Physical
You will need a sports physical in order to complete the online registration! Students in grades 9-12 registering for athletics must have a current physical examination uploaded before the student is authorized to participate in practice/tryouts. Physicals are current for 12 months from the date of the last exam.
- If you don't have a current sports physical, make an appointmet with your doctor ASAP. You will need to upload a copy of the file during Step 4 of the registration process. Click here for a form that you can bring to your physician. The Little Clinics at select King Soopers are offering drop-in sports physlicas for $33 and have a $5 coupon. Click here for a link to information and the coupon.
- Scan or take a picture of the physical and have it ready to upload.
- If the site won't accept your physical because the file is too large.....send an email to Mrs. DeVito and attach the file. If the system won't let you move forward without uploading a physical, just upload a blank sheet of paper or a note to Mrs. DeVito stating to look for your email.
STEP 2: Athletes will need a Jeffco Student ID to register.
Students who attend a Jeffco school already have a Student ID number.
If your student is new to Jefferson County, is a home-schooled student, or attends a private school, and plans to participate in sports at Lakewood High School (or any Jeffco high school), they will need a Jeffco Student ID. If your student attended pre-school, kindergarten, or any grade at a Jeffco school years ago, they already have a Jeffco ID. To find out what it is, please contact Mrs. DeVito and she can look that up for you. Call her at 303-982-7114 or email Mrs. DeVito. Do not create another Jeffco account!
If you are certain your student never attended a Jeffco school, you will need to obtain your ID by creating an account using JeffcoConnect. For your school, select Jeffco Central Services and DO NOT SELECT LAKEWOOD HIGH. Click here for that program.
STEP 3: Register Online
Click on the football icon at the bottom of this page to create a Family account. The system will immediately send an email with a link to continue with registration.
Once you comple your registration, wait 48-72 hours (Mondays-Fridays) for an email from the Athletic Department approving your registration. In the meantime, proceed to Step 4 and create an account on Arbiter Athlete.
Click here for a video on the registration process. There is also a quick guide for parents. Click on the "Other Forms" link above for the guide for parents.
Transfer, Non-Attending and Foreign Exchange Students
If you recently transferred to Lakewood High, attend a school that does not offer your sport, or are a foreign exchange student, you will need to register online AND complete some additional paperwork.
- Transfer Students: You will need to contact Athletic Director Mike Huges to set up a short meeting to complete required paperwork. You can call him at 303-982-7094 or via email by clicking here. Both the parent and athlete will need to create an Arbiter Athlete account, and link their accounts. Instructions are in Step 4.
- Non-Attending Students: If your school does not offer winter sports, or you are homeschooled, please complete "Form 7-Student Athlete Information,"available in the "Other Forms & Handbook" link above. Please bring the form to Mrs. DeVito in person, via fax (303-982-7097) or PDF via email.
- Foreign Exchange Students: Please contact Athletic Director Mike Huges to set up a short meeting to complete required paperwork. You can call him at 303-982-7094 or via email by clicking here.
STEP 4: Create an Arbiter Athlete account.
Arbiter Athlete is a new system being used by CHSAA for eligibility and all Colorado athletes must sign-up for an account. This is a one-time sign-up.
- Send a TEXT to 69274 containing the code S41573 in the message. OR
- Go to Arbiter Athlete/Planet HS at https://www.planeths.com/index.php?keyword=/user/signup and use the code for Lakewood (S41573) when signing up.
- Create an account, answer a few questions and then you are done. It takes less than five minutes.
STEP 5: Pay the atleticic and any team fees.
All athletes must to pay the the $175 Jeffco Aathletic Fee each time they play a sport, as well as any team fees. We have a "Pay to Play" philosophy, and athletes may not practice or play unless they have paid, or made arrangements with Financial Secretary, by the deadlines below. With county and state budget cuts, it is imperative that we collect all sports fees in order to keep our fields and gyms in shape, buy equipment, pay referees and coaches, and provide transportation to events. Students on the Free and Reduced Lunch program do not need to pay the $175 fee, however, they must still pay any team fees
Please pay by the deadline below. A few days after receiving the email approving the athlete to practice/tryout, go to the fee section in JeffcoConnect to pay online, or bring a check, cash or credit card to Mrs. Boonstra.
* Friday, March 1, 2019 for Non-Cut Sports (Boys Lacrosse; Boys Swim & Dive; Boys & Girls Track & Field;Girls Golf, Girls Tennis)
* Wednesday, March 6, 2019 for Try-out/Cut Sports (Baseball, Girls Soccer)
STEP 6: Be aware of your academic eligibility.
We will be looking at grades as part of your registration process. If you have two or more current "F" grades, that could affect your chances of making a team. Also, if you received an "F" grade in any high school class, make sure your student speaks with their counselor to arrange re-taking the class so that it doesn't interfere with sports eligibility or graduating.
- Who can practice or try-out on Monday, February 25th? Only athletes who received an email from Mrs. DeVito stating they were clear to practice.
- What if I registered, but did not receive an approval email? Attend practice so your coach sees you, but sit on the sidelines until you receive an email to practice.
- Last year I brought my forms in person to the Main Office late and received a practice pass. Can I do that again? No. This is a new system being used by all of Jeffco. You must do everything online and you are either approved, or not.
- I don't have access to a computer to register. Go to the local library or come into the Main Office and we can let you use a laptop.
- I'm having difficulty uploading my physical. Please email Mrs. DeVito your physical and a note.
Click the icon below to begin registering.
If you have questions or need assistance with the registration, please contact:
Sharon DeVito - Athletic Secretary
Phone: (303) 982-7114