Welcome to Lakewood High School Athletic Registration!
Online registration for the 2018-19 Winter Sports season is now open.
Please allow 48-72 hours for your registration to be processed.
You must register online by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7th to
ensure your registration is processed by Nov. 12th.
The first day of practice/tryouts for Winter Sports is Monday, November 12th.
Winter sports offered at Lakewood includes Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball,
Wrestling (Boys & Girls), and Girls Swimming.
Boys Ice Hockey is offered at several Jeffco high schools (Chatfield, Columbine,
Dakota Ridge, Ralston Valley and Standley Lake), and Evergreen High School
sponsors a metro-wide Alpine (Downhill) Ski Team and Nordic Ski Team.
Lakewood athletes are welcome to join these teams, but must contact those
schools and register on their web sites.
Please read the registration information below carefully.
STEP 1: Get a Sports Physical
You will need a sports physical in order to complete the online registration! Students in grades 9-12 registering for athletics must have a current physical examination uploaded before the student is authorized to participate in practice/tryouts. Physicals are current for 12 months from the date of the last exam.
- If you don't have a current sports physical, make an appointmet with your doctor ASAP. You will need to upload a copy of the file during Step 4 of the registration process. Click here for a form that you can bring to your physician. The Little Clinics at select King Soopers are offering drop-in sports physlicas for $33 and have a $5 coupon. Click here for a link to information and the coupon.
- If you are a returning athlete from Fall 2018 or Spring 2018 sports and have a current physical on file at LHS, please enter the date of the physical in Step 4. If you are unsure of the date, email Mrs. DeVito, and she will find it. If the system won't let you move forward without uploading a physical, just upload a blank sheet of paper or a note to Mrs. DeVito stating there is a physical on file from a previous season.
- If the site won't accept your physical because the file is too large.....send an email to Mrs. DeVito and attach the file. If the system won't let you move forward without uploading a physical, just upload a blank sheet of paper or a note to Mrs. DeVito stating to look for your email.
STEP 2: You will need your student's Jeffco Student ID to register.
Students who attend a Jeffco school already have a Student ID number.
If your student is new to Jefferson County, is a home-schooled student, or attends a private school, and plans to participate in sports at Lakewood High School (or any Jeffco high school), they will need a Jeffco Student ID. If your student attended pre-school, kindergarten, or any grade at a Jeffco school years ago, they already have a Jeffco ID. To find out what it is, please contact Mrs. DeVito and she can look that up for you. Call her at 303-982-7114 or email Mrs. DeVito. Do not create another Jeffco account!
If you are certain your student never attended a Jeffco school, you will need to obtain your ID by creating an account using JeffcoConnect. For your school, select Jefco Central Services and DO NOT SELECT LAKEWOOD HIGH. Click here for that program.
STEP 3: Register Online
Click on the football icon at the bottom of this page and start the online registration. You will create a Family account, then will receive an email with a link to continue with registration. Click the link inside the email to complete the registration form.
Once you comple your registration, wait 48-72 hours (Mondays-Fridays) for an email from the Athletic Department approving your registration. In the meantime, proceed to Step 4 and create an account on Arbiter Athlete.
Click here for a video on the registration process. There is also a quick guide for parents. Click on the "Other Forms" link above for the guide for parents.
Transfer, Non-Attending and Foreign Exchange Students
If you recently transferred to Lakewood High, attend a school that does not offer your sport, or are a foreign exchange student, you will need to register online AND complete some additional paperwork.
- Transfer Students: You will need to contact Athletic Director Mike Huges to set up a short meeting to complete required paperwork. You can call him at 303-982-7094 or via email by clicking here.
- Non-Attending Students: If your school does not offer winter sports, or you are homeschooled, please complete "Form 7-Student Athlete Information,"available in the "Other Forms & Handbook" link above. Please bring the form to Mrs. DeVito in person, via fax (303-982-7097) or PDF via email.
- Foreign Exchange Students: Please contact Athletic Director Mike Huges to set up a short meeting to complete required paperwork. You can call him at 303-982-7094 or via email by clicking here.
STEP 4: Sign-up for an Arbiter Athlete account.
Arbiter Athlete is a new system introdued by CHSAA and all Colorado athletes must sign-up for an account. There is a one-time sign-up, and then athletes will update the information each season they play a sport.
- Send a TEXT to 69274 containing the code S41573 in the message. OR
- Go to Arbiter Athlete/Planet HS at https://www.planeths.com/index.php?keyword=/user/signup and use the code for Lakewood (S41573) when signing up.
- Create an account, answer a few questions and then you are done.
STEP 5: Pay your Athletic Fee.
Once you receive an email stating your sports registration has been approved, please pay the $175 Jeffco athletic fee and team fees, via JeffcoConnect., by the deadline below. We have a "Pay to Play" philosophy, and athletes will not be able to practice or play until they have paid their fees, or made arrangements with Financial Secretary Mrs. Boonstra. With county and state budget cuts, it is imperative that we collect all sports fees in order to keep our fields and gyms in shape, buy equipment, pay referees and coaches, and provide transportation to events.
- Non-Cut Sport (Wrestling) - Please pay your online fee by Friday, November, 16.
- Try-out/Cut Sports (Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Girls Swim & Dive) - Athletes will pay once they have been invited to join a team after try-outs. Please pay your online fee by Thursday,November 29, 2018, 4 pm.
Students on the Free and Reduced Lunch program do not need to pay the $175 fee, however, they must still pay any team fees.
STEP 6: Be aware of your academic eligibility.
We will be looking at grades as part of your registration process. If you have two or more current "F" grades, that could affect your chances of making a team. Also, if you received an "F" grade in any high school class, make sure your student speaks with their counselor to arrange re-taking the class so that it doesn't interfere with sports eligibility or graduating.
Who can practice or try-out on Monday, Nov. 12? Only athletes who received an email from Mrs. DeVito stating they were clear to practice.
What if I registered, but did not receive an approval email? Attend practice so your coach sees you, but sit on the sidelines until you receive an email to practice.
Last year I brought my forms in person to the Main Office late and received a practice pass. Can I do that again? No. This is a new system being used by all of Jeffco. You must do everything online and you are either approved, or not.
I don't have access to a computer to register. Go to the local library or come into the Main Office and we can let you use a laptop.
I'm having difficulty uploading my physical. Please email Mrs. DeVito your physical and a note.
Click the icon below to begin registering.
If you have questions or need assistance with the registration, please contact:
Sharon DeVito - Athletic Secretary
Phone: (303) 982-7114